It's new. It's connective.
The smart gearbox.
Mechatronic drive systems that can collect and communicate information independently are fundamental to the IIoT. WITTENSTEIN alpha is now the first manufacturer of components to offer smart gearboxes as standard – gearboxes with cynapse®. The integrated sensor module enables Industry 4.0 connectivity.
Easy to integrate into existing drive solutions
Gearboxes with cynapse® are identical to the existing models in terms of design, size and contour. Drive solutions which have already been designed hence need no further modification. It is the sensor module integrated in the smart gearbox that makes the difference.
Whitepaper: Smart drive systems and digital services in the Industrial Internet of Things
The digital identification plate contains all relevant data needed for clear identification of your components.
Data is collected and stored throughout your component’s lifecycle:
Temperature, vibration, mounting position and acceleration
Sensor values are easy to monitor based on predefined or customized thresholds.
- The “cynapse Monitor” service provides a control terminal for your cynapse® gearbox, allowing all features to be used.
- You no longer need to design a separate visualization solution for the cynapse® data, meaning a lot of development time and costs are eliminated.
- cynapse® uses all sensor data such as process data, histograms or histories and also events as data input.
- You gain insights into the operating behavior of the drive axles, allowing critical operating conditions to be detected earlier.
- The “Data Gateway” is the core service for integrating and processing sensor data enabling condition monitoring applications.
- The service can provide this data to multiple target systems (databases, cloud systems, etc.) simultaneously and in parallel.
- The service supports you with an automated integration of cynapse® data – significantly reducing your manual integration effort into the machine infrastructure.
- The service provides collected sensor data in a structured format.
- In addition, it is possible to integrate control data into the Data Gateway via OPC UA.
- The “cynapse Teach-In” service helps parametrize cynapse® for your individual machine process. You no longer need to manually determine thresholds for cynapse®.
- The service helps identify and visualize abnormal events in the machine process.
- The service determines process-dependent thresholds based on statistical methods or individual computations.
- The service stores a set of learned thresholds and transfers them to cynapse® as and when necessary – giving you maximum flexibility.
- The “Anomaly-Check” service automatically detects anomalies in the machine process or component behavior. Expensive machine downtime is prevented before it occurs.
- The service uses various machine learning models to compute effective anomaly metrics.
- The service can simultaneously monitor multiple sensors at various points in the machine.
- The service can be connected and used for different applications.